Friday, January 27, 2012

My dog won't stop scratching......?

I have an overweight Chihuahua/Pomeranian that is about to drive me crazy with the itching. He has Frontline on, he has Geranium Oil on to repel ticks, I have sprayed his belly with hotspot anti itch stuff.......he won't stop scratching. I want to help him but I don't know what else to try. I don't think it is allergies, he has jus started this recently.



Thanks for your input.
My dog won't stop scratching......?
Well, my dogs would scratch because their food they were allergic to their food so maybe it is his food or maybe because he is overwieght.
Reply:I would take him to the vet. My mini-dachshund was doing the same thing. At first we thought it might be flea allergies, but he is actually being treated for possible demodex or scabies right now. He is on Promeris once a month, along with an anti-biotic and prednizone daily to help with the itching. That was about three weeks ago and he is doing much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment