Monday, January 30, 2012

Do you use growth regulators in your greenhouse?

I've only been in the business 7 years. So I know there is so much more for me to learn. The previous owner, whom I worked for, for 5 years used pgr's on our Geraniums. B-nine is the one he used mostly. For the past two years now, the new owner and I have been the ones to do all the growing. We grow some things from seeds, but get our Proven Winners and a few other varieties of specialty annuals in by rooted cuttings.

In the past two years, I haven't noticed a difference in our geraniums in a bad way, if anything they are brighter and have more blooms....this is without the PGR.

All my cultural guides say to use some form of a PGR on calibrachoa. We haven't done this either. I am too afraid to use them. It freaks me out to think I could stop their growth and effect the quality of our plants.

Has anyone had experience with growth regulators that would help me feel better about not using them or vice versa? How much of a benefit have you noticed from using them?

Thanks!
Do you use growth regulators in your greenhouse?
Can be messy using growth regulators. Best sticking to controlling water and fertiliser. These are easier to control and corrections can be made.



Regards

Tim

http://www.nuganics.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment