Monday, January 30, 2012

I live in washington state, its in the 40's now. how should i winterize my geraniums which are still blooming?

i have about 6 of them, all doing well, but i realize they can't sit out all winter. can i prune them back, and put them on a covered deck, or do they need to be indoors?
I live in washington state, its in the 40's now. how should i winterize my geraniums which are still blooming?
I live in Washington State, too, Western side..... I am just about ready to pull my favorite geranium in. Last year I just kept it inside, and snipped it back in the fall and again in the spring before i put it outside. Some people trim them back by about a third to two thirds and put them in a frost free (not necessarily warm) place until spring. Just give them a bit of water, so that they are not totally dry if you do that.
Reply:What Plap said. I'm in zone 8 and bring mine in during winter. Cuttings will root in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment