Sunday, January 15, 2012

Overwintered geraniums?

I overwintered my geraniums by putting them in brown paper bags (inside) during the winter months. Now that Spring is here, and the fear of freeze is over, I have replanted them in pots outside. How long until they will begin to show regrowth? Is there anything special I should be doing to encourage growth? I am currently watering them when dry, and using Miracle Grow once a week......
Overwintered geraniums?
I've over wintered my geraniums; it takes about a month for them to get going again. I have actually removed my geraniums from the dirt, washed it off the roots, and

hung them upside down in a dark place over the winter.
Reply:check the stems to see if they are still green , that way you will know if there still alive , you should start to see new growth in a week or two I put mine in the cellar in pots and have had good luck that way

No comments:

Post a Comment