Sunday, January 22, 2012

Geraniums giving me fits, can anyone give me help?

They were in 4" pots when I bought them. 24 of them. I planted them in planter boxes (window) 3 plants in each of 8. I used Miracle grow potting soil w/ continous feed pellets. I watered them after planting, day and a half later 12 had yellowing leaves and the flowers started dying. 12 are pretty healthy. When if ever, do you cut off old dead blooms? What could have happened?
Geraniums giving me fits, can anyone give me help?
if the leaves are yellow, you have over watered them. do your flower boxes have drainage? if not, you need to drill a few holes at bottom of the boxes or make sure you don't over water. you can cut off the dead blooms when they get dried out and start to turn brown, that'll help bring out the new ones a little bit faster and the whole thing will just look better when all the dead is cut away. you also may have put too much of the feed pellets. those are only generally used when you have placed the plants in the ground outdoors and the weather has damaged them. good luck!
Reply:Cut off old dead blooms as soon as poss. Also, sounds like you overfertilized.
safety shoes
  • blush makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment